Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for an Associate to join our newly established New York office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
DUTIES: (Actions required to be performed by personnel filling this position.)
- Proactively and ethically motivate and lead project teams to deliver superior outcomes
- Promote Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Establish new clients and develop existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business.
- Client liaison in conjunction with Project Directors including but not limited to:
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations;
- Ensuring client requirements are clearly understood by all company personnel involved in projects;
- Identifying changes in client requirements as may occur during the course of a project; and
- effect the subsequent design and documentation changes necessary to meet the new requirements.
- Develop fee proposals.
- Be actively involved in all projects under your direction ensuring exemplary service afforded to clients at all times.
- Develop concept design and design philosophy in conjunction with Project Director.
- Review design and design documentation, including design checking when required.
- Select sub-consultants including development of scope, program and commercial aspects.
- Undertake project cost control and compile project invoices.
- Plan and manage project resources.
- Negotiate fee variations with clients in conjunction with Director.
- Undertake project coordination and represent the company at consultants meetings etc.
- Implement Quality System on projects
- Undertake career planning and arrange for effective mentoring to be provided to employees under your direction so that they reach their full potential through career development and personal growth.
- Identify training (either on job or through suitable courses) for all employees under your direction.
- Supervise staff under your direction and offer pro-active advice in relation to problem solving issues.
- Actively participate in developing the US practice including technical excellence, culture, procedures, professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement company policy.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee teams compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Results / Outcomes for which the personnel filling the position will be held accountable.)
- Execution of all items listed in duties
- Project profitability
- Client satisfaction
- Continuing development of personnel under your direction
- Creation and maintenance of ‘team’ environment in the New York office in conjunction with Directors
- Compliance to, and overseeing implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures
Experience/what we desire:
- Relevant engineering experience (minimum 7 years)
- Master’s degree
- Licenced PE (Professional Engineer)
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.