If you’re hugely passionate about BIM and digitalising the built environment and you’re looking for a role and company who share the same passion, this position is for you!
What’s on offer!
- A key role in driving BIM strategy and implementation across Robert Bird Group.
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with the various sectors within Robert Bird Group from civil, structural to construction engineering.
- Support our continuous pioneering in BIM Automation, Modelling, AR/VR research and BIM 4D/5D management.
- Be a key champion in our BIM advancement from BIM project coordination, assisting in solving complex engineering through BIM and fast-tracking project workflow.
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialist in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognised for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities on inspiring and challenging project both locally and internationally.
The utilisation of BIM across the engineering and construction industry is crucial to improve project performance, minimise waste and provide a useable model to enable an eventual facilities management utilisation.
As a leading specialist in complex engineering, BIM is utilised in the daily production of construction documentation, value engineering, virtual design and construction through 4D/5D modelling.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical support to engineers to Establish Standards of Practice and integrate workflows with a focus on interdisciplinary collaboration and Integrated Project Delivery
- Research and standardize BIM processes and workflows across the group
- Stay informed and develop BIM best practices
- Assist with research into new areas of BIM software and technologies
- Review weekly and monthly reports on the status and progress of BIM
- Understands the practice of architecture, engineering and construction with an emphasis on using BIM to automate, visualise, fast-track and coordinate project work
- Collaborate with project teams to develop specific BIM output i.e. BIM automation using Dynamo, scheduling and construction methodologies
- Attend client program meetings as needed
To be considered for this role you should be able to provide:
- A passion for all matters BIM related
- Relevant degree from the construction and engineering sector
- Understanding of BIM Level 2 preferred
- Autodesk Revit & Navisworks competencies
- 3DS Max, Advanced Steel, Infraworks an added advantage
- Experience in structural and/or civil modelling
- Dynamo, Grasshopper, Rhino utilisation preferred
- Project management skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of self-initiative and motivation
- Strong leadership abilities
- Credible expertise in all related areas
- The ability to apply commercial outputs upon work tasks
- A fast paced but team orientated style of working
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for, then we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are also open to flexible working.
No agencies please. Applications are sought from direct applicants only.