Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
An exciting opportunity exists for an Intermediate Civil Designer to join our Civil Infrastructure team based in our Auckland office. This role will include active participation in the design and delivery of documentation for civil and infrastructure projects, working with a team of highly skilled civil engineers and managers. As part of a small team you will have an opportunity to undertake a range of diverse tasks that are not limited to office work.
Robert Bird Group is looking for a designer with 3-5 years’ experience that wants to be on the path to grow into a more senior position and is looking for a change to a company that has a focus on career development.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assisting Engineers translate conceptual designs into detailed designs and drawings
- Using Civil 3D software in the design of roadways, earthworks, three water networks, erosion and sediment control measures and general site grading. Expertise in 12D modelling software would also be of benefit.
- Preparation and documentation of technical drawings (CAD)
- Preparation of specifications
- Site inspections
- Assisting in technical development of CIM standards and protocols, with the opportunity to participate in ongoing testing and integration of new digital design tools.
- Engaging with contractors and suppliers.
The successful candidates will have:
- A Diploma or greater in Civil Engineering or relevant design course
- Sound knowledge in geometric road design and three water networks
- Experience with public domain and streetscape design including earthworks analysis
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience using Civil 3D software. Previous use of 12D would be beneficial. Experience using other Autodesk software would also be beneficial i.e. Infraworks, Navisworks, Dynamo, Vehicle Tracking.
- Experience in a similar role working within a consultancy
- Self-motivated but able to work within a team, both locally and offshore. We often collaborate with other RBG offices in Australia, Asia, Middle East and the UK so there is opportunities for travel and to develop international experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A passion for engineering.
- Be based within New Zealand with the required Work or Permanent Resident Visa.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies please. Direct applicants only.