Robert Bird Group is looking for a technically astute Director to join us as we continue our successful expansion in the Civil Engineering sector. As part of the London office, our new Civil Director will run our Civil Engineering team, providing technical and commercial leadership as we continue to deliver high profile projects for clients.
Our ideal Civil Engineering Director will be responsible for the following:
- Taking the technical lead on complex and demanding civil engineering projects
- Exploring business development opportunities for the UK business, identifying leads and converting them into confirmed work
- Managing a growing Civil team, mentoring & developing our engineers, and producing an excellent team culture and environment
- Collaborating with other disciplines within the company, helping to create a multidisciplinary approach to project delivery and business development solutions.
As such , our ideal candidate will ideally possess the following skills & attributes:
- Chartership with a recognised professional institution
- Technical prowess and ability to produce innovative civil engineering solutions, in at least one of the following ; Highways, Below ground drainage, flood risk, bulk earthworks, utilities design, masterplanning.
- Leadership on large scale civil design projects from inception through to completion
- Proven business development ability and a track record of creating new business
- Sound commercial awareness and financial acumen
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skill.
Based in our new central London office , you will be part of a team of Directors, committed to continuing to growing our passion for engineering excellence and innovative solutions. We are open to individuals looking to make the step up into a Director level position, who can demonstrate meeting our requirements , and are committed to growing and developing our civil engineer offering. In return for this, we can offer generous core remuneration and a suite of benefits for the right candidate.
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to ensuring an accessible workplace for all.