Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
If you are seeking an exciting new career opportunity to apply your leadership and civil engineering consulting skills to help grow our business in NSW & the ACT across a broad spectrum of civil projects e.g. land development, renewable energy, civil works for building projects, major social, utility and transport infrastructure projects, we’d like to talk to you.
A dynamic Civil Engineering Manager / Divisional Leader is needed to lead our highly skilled Civil Engineering design team in Sydney who have a strong reputation in the region built up over many years working in partnership with key clients. Project works encompasses a diverse range of projects in the region but you’ll also have opportunity to work on exciting projects interstate and globally both with RBG and our business partners.
You will be a “work winner” in the civil engineering space experienced managing civil works packages and design in a consulting environment e.g. land and property development projects.
Key skills and attributes required:
- Relevant academic qualifications, Civil Engineering degree or similar
- A proven project leader, experienced in all aspects of stakeholder / client management e.g.: technical, quality, innovation (flexible thinking to solve problems), commercial, variations and conflict resolution
- Varied relevant project experience in terms of both value and type e.g.: subdivisions, roads, civil works for building projects, wind & solar farms, hydroelectric power and mining infrastructure encompassing design and construction monitoring
- Excellent communication skills, fostering both client relationships and team leadership
- Business / operations leadership experience including financial performance and understanding a business’ HR & WH&S functions
- Construction experience including contract administration is desirable
We’re a highly motivated and innovative team, part of a much larger global business, that seeks to achieve and aims to exceed client expectations in true partnership. If that’s what motivates you too, come and join our established, strong and stable civil engineering team!
A generalist / “all-rounder” is ideally required not a technical specialist. If you seek an engineering career challenge, variety of work, recognition for achievement and a team working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers, we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.