An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced and ambitious Design Engineer (structural engineer) to join our Construction Engineering team based in our Sydney office. We are looking for a Design Engineer that is self-motivated and capable of working in an open plan team environment.
The construction engineering team work directly with contractors and developers to create structural engineering solutions that deal with a wide range of problems faced during the construction of building and infrastructure projects. Each project is unique, and this provides a wide variety of projects for you to advance structural engineering skills through the development of construction methodology and erection sequences, design of temporary works, or the modification of permanent works design to avoid the need for temporary works.
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions such as the Construction Methodology for the Greenland Centre, Sydney.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development of construction methodology and erection sequence for structures.
- Detailed structural design of temporary works and associated impacts on permanent works
- Assessment of permanent works for construction sequences and impact of temporary works on permanent works.
- Client liaison, in conjunction with Project Directors and Associates, regarding current and future projects
- Training and coordination of staff under your direction
- Active involvement in all your projects, including project resource management, in conjunction with the Project Directors
- Promotion of Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal for both internal and client relations
- Ability to use basic theoretical knowledge of engineering principles to analyse, interpret and infer on project tasks
- Proven technical capacity and a minimum of 3 years’ structural engineering experience
- Solid grounding in steel and concrete design
- Experience in the delivery of detailed engineering drawings corresponding with level of duties
- Previous experience with the Australian Building Industry
- Understanding of the construction/building industry
- Proven record of working independently and being self-motivated
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience in the delivery of temporary works design is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the use of Strand 7 and Microstran beneficial but not necessary.
What this opportunity can offer for you:
- On-going training both internal and external
- Liaise with clients and engineers to develop soft skill associated with client facing roles
- Be part of a collaborative and supportive team
- Career progression
- Own and drive your own structural engineering projects
- Broad spectrum of projects from high rise buildings to infrastructure projects
- Office located close to public transport links in the CBD
No agencies please. Direct applicants only.