Design Engineer – Construction Engineering Team
An exciting opportunity has been created for an experienced and ambitious Design Engineer to join our Construction Engineering team based in our Sydney office. We are looking for a Design Engineer that is self-motivated and capable of working in an open plan team environment.
Our projects are unique, and can provide you with a wide variety of projects for you to advance your structural engineering skills through the development of construction methodology and erection sequences, design of temporary works, or the modification of permanent works design to avoid the need for temporary works.
Your duties will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Assist in the development of construction methodology and erection sequence for structures.
- Detailed structural design of temporary works and associated impacts on permanent works
- Client liaison, in conjunction with Project Directors and Associates, regarding current and future projects
- Training and coordination of staff under your direction
- Active involvement in all your projects, including project resource management, in conjunction with the Project Directors
- Promotion of Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients
The successful applicant will have:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal for both internal and client relations
- Ability to use basic theoretical knowledge of engineering principles to analyse, interpret and infer on project tasks
- Proven technical capacity and a minimum of 3 years’ structural engineering experience
- Experience in the delivery of detailed engineering drawings corresponding with level of duties
- Previous experience with the Australian Building Industry
- Solid grounding in steel and concrete design
- Understanding of the construction/building industry
- Proven record of working independently and being self-motivated
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience in the delivery of temporary works design is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in the use of Strand 7 and Microstran beneficial but not necessary.
What this opportunity can offer for you:
- On-going training both internal and external
- Liaise with clients and engineers to develop soft skill associated with client facing roles
- Be part of a collaborative and supportive team
- Career progression
- Own and drive your own structural engineering projects
- Broad spectrum of projects from high rise buildings to infrastructure projects
- Office located close to public transport links in the CBD
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies please. Direct applicants only.