As we grow we have new opportunities for Design Engineers to join our dynamic team. You will work on transforming inspiring visions into successful realities, applying your technical expertise to projects to deliver our clients innovative and sustainable solutions.
Our Design Engineers play an integral role in ensuring Client requirements are understood by the team and identifying changes in requirements throughout the project so we are able to offer innovative and flexible solutions. You will be responsible for producing accurate and high value design work to achieve programme milestones and maximises project profitability.
A typical day for our Design Engineers would include but not be limited to;
- Preparation of preliminary designs and analysis, and checking
- Preparation of project reports and specifications
- Structural Analysis and Detailed Design using applications such as ETABS, Staad Pro, RAM Concept, SAFE etc
- Assisting with the preparation of Technical and Calculation report
- Inspection and liaisons with site and clients,
- Assisting in the negotiation and preparation of fee variations and project invoicing
- Assist with monitoring project cost controls
- Provide training and direction to graduate engineers
- Collaborating with the drafting staff and checking of drawings on your projects.
- Implementation of Quality Management System on projects.
This role offers a challenging and unique opportunity for engineers to gain a wide range of design experience on major structural and infrastructure projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with world-class clients, establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships with major global players. You will see your designs transform from concepts to realities through active participation on site where required.
The successful applicant will have;
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in structural engineering design in the areas of commercial and residential building, high rises and other types of structures preferably in both steel and concrete.
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate with colleagues and clients of all levels effectively
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and mobility are highly desirable
You will be part of a dynamic and diverse team with a strong culture of working together to achieve success. In return for you commitment to the team we offer generous remuneration, core benefits and flexible benefits.
Applicants with a knowledge of contraction engineering principles and their applications will be looked upon favourably.
How to apply
Please submit application, which clearly demonstrates your experience and suitability for this role.
This role is offered as a permanent position and a remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a range of benefits to its employees.
Applicants that may result in an agency fee will not be considered.