Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy. We integrate design excellence with construction and delivery expertise to achieve significant benefits for our clients.
Our New Zealand business has been operating for over 5 years and is growing fast as we continue to take on exciting and challenging local and global projects.
Our team provides structural engineering services on some of New Zealand’s most significant infrastructure projects, such as City Rail Link and Central Interceptor in Auckland, Waikeria Prison near Hamilton and Transmission Gully near Wellington. We are also working on low to high rise buildings across the country including several with modular construction.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Design Engineer / Senior Structural Engineer to join our growing team in Auckland. Working with a highly skilled and energetic team you’ll have an opportunity to take a key role in our successful project delivery.
Apply your talents to a diverse range of private and public sector projects from all types of buildings to major social, utility, transport, and infrastructure projects. You will also have the opportunity to work on large global projects related to our operations in Australia, SE Asia, the Middle East, UK and North America.
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of local talented engineers and the specialist engineers of our global business.
Our NZ team is highly motivated and we work to exceed client expectations. If you seek an engineering career challenge, variety of work, recognition for achievement and a team working environment, we want to hear from you! Perks include great projects, a great location, an active social club, medical membership, a paid day of birthday leave every year and a vibrant office culture.
The successful applicant will have / be:
- 5 to 10+ years’ local experience in a Structural Engineering role
- A creative problem solver with a proactive approach
- Experience in managing and delivering projects
- Design and construction supervision experience
- Relevant academic qualifications
- Chartered or working towards chartership
- Excellent communication skills to foster both client relationships and team leadership
- NZ experience including solid understanding of NZBC, NZ Standards, and local authority requirements are desirable, but the right attitude and overall experience is more important.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.