Division: Geotechnical/Civil Infrastructure
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy built upon delivering engineering excellence worldwide. We are dedicated to creating exceptional value for our clients through the intelligent application of engineering science and innovative approaches towards planning for construction.
Since 1982, Robert Bird Group has developed a diverse project portfolio that extends over numerous industry and government sectors globally. We have built a reputation for expertise in the engineering of complex structural projects and continue to win high-profile projects both in London and across the world. Our vision is ‘The Relentless Pursuit of Engineering Excellence’ and it drives us forward into the future.
About the job
As we grow our geotechnical offering, we have an opportunity for a Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our dynamic and diverse team based in Dubai. You will work on transforming inspiring visions into successful realities, applying your technical expertise to projects to deliver our clients innovative and sustainable solutions.
As a Design Engineer you will work closely with our Geotechnical team lead supporting other disciplines and also with our dedicated Geotechnical team in London. Your duties will also include on a day to day basis, but not be limited to;
- preparation of geotechnical desk study;
- planning and supervision of ground investigations;
- preparing specifications and contract documents for ground investigations;
- interpretation of geotechnical data, familiarity with geology of the middle east;
- design of shallow and deep foundations;
- design of retaining structures;
- slope stability assessments;
- finite element modelling using Plaxis 2D;
- preparation of piling and earthworks specifications;
- inspection and liaisons with site and clients;
- assistance in the negotiation and preparation of fee variations and project invoicing;
- assistance with monitoring project cost controls;
- provision of training and direction to graduate engineers;
- collaboration with the documentation/technician teams;
- implementation of Quality Management System requirements on projects.
This role offers a challenging and unique opportunity for engineers to gain a wide range of design experience on major structural and infrastructure projects.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with world-class clients, establishing new clients and developing existing client relationships with major global players. You will see your designs transform from concepts to realities through active participation on site where required
Our Design Engineers play an integral role in ensuring Client requirements are understood and identifying changes in requirements throughout the project so we are able to offer innovative and flexible solutions. You will be responsible for producing accurate and high value design work to achieve programme milestones and maximises project profitability.
The successful applicant will have
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent;
- Membership or working towards membership with the Institute of Civil Engineers, The Geological Society or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering design;
- Ability to work independently, and collaborate with colleagues and clients of all levels effectively;
- Report writing skills essential;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- A proactive approach to engineering tasks;
- Flexibility and mobility are highly desirable;
- Confidence with developing innovative practical geotechnical solutions;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
General knowledge of Geotechnical design software such as Plaxis 2D, Plaxis 3D, Oasys Frew, Wallap, Oasys PDISP, Oasys ALP and Slope W is expected.
Candidates with Gulf region experience will be looked upon favourably.
You will be part of a dynamic and diverse team with a strong culture of working together to achieve success. In return for you commitment to the team we offer generous remuneration, core benefits and flexible benefits.
How to apply
Please submit application, which clearly demonstrates your experience and suitability for this role.
This role is offered as a permanent position and a remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a range of benefits to its employees.
Applicants that may result in an agency fee will not be considered.