Health & Aged Care
Managing human health is a growing global challenge. We are faced with an aging population, chronic diseases, exposure to harmful chemicals, resistant bacteria, and a more connected world where infection can spread faster than ever before. Our response to these challenges includes the development of innovative and adaptive facilities designed to address these ongoing threats to our health and wellbeing.
Robert Bird Group’s engineering design skills, and commitment to innovative structural responses for Health and Aged Care facilities, is demonstrated through landmark projects such as the Edinburgh Sick Kids Hospital in the United Kingdom, and the Blacktown Hospital Redevelopment Stages 1 and 2, in Sydney, Australia.
Innovative Design Solutions
At Robert Bird Group, we deliver innovative structural, civil, digital and construction engineering solutions for the aviation industry. Whether it be expansion of existing facilities to enable increased capacity, asset replacement, additional resilience against threats, or modifications to achieve an improved customer experience – we have delivered major domestic and international airport projects around the world.
Robert Bird Group provides structural, civil, geotechnical (UK) and construction engineering services for the design and delivery of healthcare facilities that include:
- new, expanded and refurbished health facilities
- acute aged care facilities
- mental health facilities
- clinical services buildings
- emergency centres and intensive care units
- comprehensive cancer care centres, including radiation bunkers
- community health facilities
- specialist health storage facilities such as blood banks
- high-performance structures to support specialist equipment such as MRI machines
- on-grade and multi-storey car parking facilities
- staged construction logistics for developments within operating hospital campuses
These services can be provided for facilities of various scale anywhere around the globe.
Future Proofing Buildings for