Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions. Currently within RBG, we are excited to be working on two significant major projects in Brisbane, Cross River Rail and Queen’s Wharf.
An exciting opportunity exists for a mid to senior level Structural Technician/Draftsperson to join our Building Structures engineering team based at our Cross River Rail project office in Milton, Brisbane. Working in a supporting role to the BIM Team Leader, on this exciting major project you will play a role in interfacing with key project stakeholders including two other project offices (Sydney & London) as well as contractors and external consultants.
The role will include active participation in the effective production of detailed structural documentation for the internal structures on the CRR project including 4 stations, 2 portals and 1 station upgrade.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in project drawing control
- Liaising with consultants, Project Engineers and the entire CRR team (including Architects and service line consultants e.g. geotech, civils & tunnels
- Documentation & modelling to a high standard using BIM modelling software such as Revit
The successful candidates will have or be:
- 7-10 years’ structural drafting experience
- Minimum 5+ years’ REVIT modelling experience
- AutoCAD & Navisworks experience (preferred)
- Revizto collaboration software (not essential)
- Major project experience
- Proactive team player, with client facing & leadership capability
- A sound understanding of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects.
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a hardworking but fun team then this is the role for you!
Perks include a great location, an active social club, a paid day of birthday leave every year, and a vibrant office culture.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.