Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a professional, motivated and pro-active Office Manager with excellent interpersonal communication skills and proven experience in leading an administration support team. This role is based in our new North Sydney office. This is a 12 month maternity leave cover contract.
This is a varied hands-on role reporting to the Regional General Manager, focusing on the delivery of professional, effective and efficient support of the office.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the operation of the working office environment and facilities; working closely with the Regional General Manager, other Senior Managers and the administration support team.
- Leadership and management of an administration support team.
- Provide high level support to Regional General Manager and Senior Managers, including coordination of meetings and minutes, typing and preparation of documents (e.g. reports), presentations and ad hoc duties as required.
- Assist with general Human Resource requirements and activities.
- Provide administration support for project related tasks e.g. submission coordination, typing and preparation of documents such as reports, certificates, general correspondence etc.
- Travel and accommodation bookings.
- Assist engineering teams with coordinating aspects of project commercial requirements.
- OH&S support.
- Assist with general office support requirements.
- Support marketing and business development activities.
Attributes that we are looking for include:
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in an Office Manager role (experience in similar industry desirable but not essential).
- Proven experience in leading and managing an administration team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication, high level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and relationships.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Adobe suite/InDesign skills also desirable).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to work autonomously, take direction and work as part of a team.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills/literacy.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, commensurate with the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
If you are highly motivated, have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a hardworking but fun team then this is the role for you!
To apply please provide your current resume along with a cover letter addressing the following key points:
- What is the most significant change that you brought to an organization in your role as office manager to date?
- Tell us about your experience providing leadership working in a team environment OR In what ways have you worked with your team to increase productivity?
- Can you provide an example of when you have had to use your stakeholder management skills to achieve an outcome?
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, health insurance subsidies, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.