Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
About the Role
We are looking for a professional, motivated and pro-active Office Manager with excellent interpersonal communication skills. This role is available on a full time or part time (min. 30 hours per week) basis and is based in our Wellington office.
This is a varied hands-on role reporting to the General Manager (NZ), focusing on the delivery of professional, effective and efficient support of the office.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage the operation of the working office environment and facilities; working closely with the General Manager and other Senior Managers.
- Provide high level support to the General Manager and Senior Managers, including coordination of meetings and minutes, typing and preparation of documents (e.g. reports), presentations and ad hoc duties as required.
- Assist with general Human Resource requirements and activities.
- Provide administration support for project related tasks e.g. submission coordination, typing and preparation of documents such as reports, certificates, general correspondence etc.
- Travel and accommodation bookings.
- Assist engineering teams with coordinating aspects of project commercial requirements.
- OH&S support.
- Assist with general office support requirements.
- Support marketing and business development activities.
Attributes that we are looking for include:
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in an Office Manager role (experience in similar industry desirable but not essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication, high level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations and relationships.
- Intermediate to advanced skills using the Microsoft Office suite (Adobe suite/InDesign skills also desirable).
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and be proactive.
- Ability to work autonomously, take direction and work as part of a team.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer, commensurate with the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
If you are highly motivated, have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a hardworking but fun team then this is the role for you!
To apply please provide your current resume along with a cover letter showcasing your suitability to this role.
Robert Bird Group (New Zealand) is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, health insurance, paid parental leave, recognition awards and a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.