The building has difficult founding conditions with a heritage listed building on one of its boundaries. Robert Bird Group provided a full civil, structural and construction engineering service from project inception.
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- Large span post-tensioned concrete floors utilising steel pan formwork for rapid construction.
- Perimeter column jump system to decrease floor to floor cycle times.
- Efficient lateral system consisting of cantilever core, integral shear wall linking primary load carrying elements through service zones, and perimeter frame action.
- Is constructed adjacent to a heritage listed structure and as such features a carefully designed soldier pier retention system and a carefully considered construction methodology.
Total Area: 43,500m2
33 Levels + 4 Basements
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.