Winner of the International Housing & Residential Building and Building of the Year for Australasia, Oceania and the Pacific Rim at the World Architects Awards 2002.
Significant and interesting aspects of the project and Robert Bird Group’s role include the following:
- This 22-storey residential building has been constructed over an existing tunnel incorporating large spans.
- Engineered construction solutions and structural schemes were developed in order for construction to take place over the fully operational tunnel, with no interruption to the train service.
4 Star Greenstar
4.5 Star AGBR
Walker Corporation Limited
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.