A prestige development on the Sydney Harbour foreshore comprising multi-storey residential, commercial, restaurant and leisure facilities.
The King Street Wharf Development started in 1998 and reached completion in 2009. The AUD$800 million development precinct forms much of the eastern shore of Darling Harbour, and hosts some of Sydney’s most prominent retail, residential, commercial and entertainment venues.
Robert Bird Group, through their proactive approach to planning, delivered major savings in the development through innovative design of the following:
Australand / MultiplexArchitect:
Cox Architects + Fitzpatrick & Partners + Cox Rayner
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.