This prestige tower is made up of retail, commercial and luxury residential zones and occupies the last prime CBD Brisbane riverside site. The luxury apartments crowning the tower featured up to 5m cantilevered balconies in a highly sculptured form offering panoramic views up both reaches of the Brisbane River.
Total Area: 58,000m2
53 Levels + 1 Basement
Bloomberg Incorporation Limited
Robert Bird Group
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.