This $110 million commercial building is comprised of 30,000m2 of A-grade commercial space over 18 levels, and five levels of basement car parking and associated plant rooms.
This development also features a podium level that integrates into the future Parramatta Civic Place precinct and has a 5-Star Green Star rating, with the ability to upgrade to 6-Star.
- Robert Bird Group was able to optimise construction cycle times via innovative use of in-situ concrete and precast frames.
- Robert Bird Group designed a “hanging” podium structure using steel columns, to create a column-free ground floor lobby space.
- RBG assisted in re-planning the basement car park to achieve greater structural and planning efficiencies, and eliminated an entire transfer level.
- RBG’s design makes future provision for tunnel access to Civic Place.
- Efficient post-tensioned concrete banded floors saved construction cost and time.
- A16-metre high external colonnade serves as the architectural feature for the public external space.
5 Levels basement car parking
5 Star Green Star Rating
Sydney Water Corporation & Brookfield Multiplex Developments
Denton Corker Marshall
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.