The Oracle features two mixed-use towers 50 and 40 storeys high. This project encompassed three basements and four podium levels over a 1,200m² site. The towers promised never to be built out of ocean views, while also being located just minutes from Oasis Shopping Centre, the Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino.
Total Are: approx. 1,200m2
4 Podium Levels
Residential (High Rise)
Robert Bird Group Services:
Key technical challenges
- The primary tower structure consists of a composite slab and beam structure. Due to the long beam spans and thin slab, extensive analysis for footfall vibration was required to ensure the structure achieved code requirements and client expectations.
- Working with the existing structure and developing design solutions that strengthened rather than demolished.
- Extensive co-ordination with the mechanical engineer to develop a strategy that minimised beam penetrations and beam notches.
- Differential shortening analysis with consideration of mega truss, steel structure, concrete structure and existing structural elements
- 5 Star Greenstar
- 5 Star NABERs Energy and 4 Star NABERs Water ratings.