An opportunity exists for a Senior 3D Designer to join our friendly and outgoing VDC team in our Melbourne CBD office reporting to our VDC development Manager.
The position will revolve around:
- Actively participate in the development of visualisation solutions using your technical skills and experience, as well as your knowledge of the industry.
- Capable of producing complex and detailed models
- Modeling structural and architectural assets from CAD drawings and/or sketches
- Creating custom V-Ray shaders and textures
- Placement, sequencing and staging of all relevant 3D assets within construction methodology
- Be proactive and involved in developing current visualisation practices and standards.
- Mentor, train and delegate tasks to team and contractor staff
- Maintain/update software, scripts
- Liaising with clients (internal and external) and managing their expectations
- Minimum of 5 years Post Graduate experience in visualisation, preferably in Architecture or Construction
- High skill level in 3D Studio Max
- Proficient in V-Ray
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
The successful candidate will be a motivated, conscientious individual who takes pride in their work, shows attention to detail and enjoys being part of a dynamic team. We are seeking applicants who have an extensive knowledge of 3D Studio Max, V-Ray and Photoshop, an understanding of the Adobe Production Suite and After Effects with the ability to work independently and a desire to learn new skills and works well in a team. An understanding of the construction industry would be a benefit as well as an understanding of the Revit Software package.
If you are motivated by great career prospects and the opportunity to gain experience in an expanding engineering company, apply today!
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer.