About the job
As we grow we have new opportunities for Senior Engineers to join our dynamic team. You will work on transforming inspiring visions into successful realities, applying your technical expertise to projects to deliver our clients innovative and sustainable solutions. You will be responsible for the delivery of sustainable, profitable and high value construction deliverables in a timely manner.
The role requires an experienced civil / infrastructure engineer with design experience of roads, bridges, utilities and services, earthworks, site grading, pavements and signs and linemarking. Experience with geotechnical design is not a priority but is preferred. The applicant should also have significant site experience on large scale civil projects.
As a Senior Engineer you will work closely with Associates to coordinate project teams and manage resources. Your duties will also include on a day to day basis, but not be limited to;
- the preparation of preliminary designs,
- developing fee proposals,
- compiling invoices and undertaking project cost control practices,
- design and documentation review,
- client and project management,
- selection of subcontracted consultants,
- negotiation of fee variations with clients,
- site inspections and,
- implementing policies and procedures and overseeing team compliance
- applying lateral thinking to challenging engineering problems and developing innovative and practical solutions
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with world-class clients, developing existing relationships with major global players on high-profile projects.
As part of the wider team you will contribute to a strong culture of technical excellence and continuous professional development, by sharing you knowledge and expertise with engineers and graduates.
The successful applicant will have the confidence and communications skills required to be able to interact with a wide variety of people at any level including our clients and project consultants, as well as;
- Bachelor in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of demonstrated design and development experience
- 2 years of experience in budget management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and mobility are highly desirable
You will be passionate about our own success as well as our client’s success, and demonstrate values aligned with Robert Bird Group’s philosophy – simplicity, honesty, inclusiveness, agility and commitment.
Based in our Dubai office you will be part of a dynamic and diverse team with a strong culture of working together to achieve success. In return for you commitment to the team we offer generous remuneration and benefits.
How to apply
Please submit application, which clearly demonstrates your experience and suitability for this role.
This role is offered as a permanent position and a remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a range of benefits to its employees.
Applicants that may result in an agency fee will not be considered.