- Design considered structural solutions for Melbourne’s biggest contractors
- Regular social events and training help create an inclusive environment
- Dynamic team, diverse workload providing the highest level of service
The Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Our Melbourne CE team provides specialist structural engineering services to the biggest contractors on some of Melbourne’s most significant building and major transport infrastructure projects. In tune with RBG’s overarching strategic objectives this team has successfully delivered proven “design for delivery” results, providing quality controlled structural solutions to complex construction challenges. Our business continues to grow and as a result we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Structural Design Engineer to join our team in Melbourne (Collins Square).
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly working alongside a dedicated team of highly talented engineers (150+ Structural Engineers employed in offices across Australia, NZ & SE Asia). Their skills include:
- creative problem solving, complex structural analysis
- construction methodologies & technologies
- complex structure erection and high-rise building design
Opportunity to work on numerous local & international projects, such as:
- Westgate Tunnel, Melbourne (co-located team 8 x Senior Engineers)
- Melbourne Metro (temporary works)
- Level Crossing Removal Projects (multiple programs, temporary works)
- Stockyard Hill Wind Farm, VIC (design & construct)
- Australia 108, Melbourne (temporary works)
- 80 Collins St & 405 Burke St (temporary works)
- Kai Tak Sports Park, Hong Kong (Construction staging for stadium roof erection)
- Kuwait Airport (Construction staging for stadium roof erection)
Additional key points / requirements:
- Relevant academic qualifications, Chartered / working towards Chartership
- 6+ years’ relevant local experience.
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced professional communication skills
- Heavy steel/concrete design and advanced structural analysis skills
- Temporary works design experience
- Programming skills/experience
- Construction site experience and an understanding of Australian Building Standards
We’re a highly motivated, energetic and proactive team. If you’re seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.