Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognised for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our newly established New York office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
DUTIES: (Actions to be performed by personnel filling this position.)
- Promote Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Establishing new clients.
- Client liaison in conjunction with Associate Directors and Associates including but not limited to:
- Project coordination – consultants meetings etc
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations;
- Ensuring client requirements are clearly understood by all company personnel involved in projects;
- Identifying changes in client requirements as may occur during the course of a project and effect the
subsequent design and documentation changes necessary to meet the new requirements.
- Active involvement in all projects under their direction, including project programming and monitoring.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resource requirements with Associates.
- Design and design philosophy development in conjunction with Project Director.
- Preparation of preliminary designs (requires Director approval prior to issue).
- Design and design documentation reviews (design checking when required).
- Assist Project Director with fee proposal development.
- Assist with selection of subcontracted consultants.
- Undertake project cost control practices and assist with compilation of project invoices.
- Negotiation of fee variations with clients in conjunction with Project Director.
- Training and direction of all Engineers under their direction.
- Coordinating resource requirements with the Associates.
- Detailed design and design checking.
- Site inspections and liaison.
- Implementation of Quality System on their projects.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee teams compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Results/Outcomes for which the personnel filling the position will be held accountable.)
- Execution of all items listed in Duties.
- Project profitability.
- Achievement of programme milestones.
- Client satisfaction.
- Training of graduate and design engineers.
- Project invoicing/projection accuracy.
- Creation and maintenance of ‘team’ environment on New York office in conjunction with the Company principals.
Experience/what we desire:
- Relevant engineering experience (minimum 5 years)
- Master’s degree
- Licenced PE (Professional Engineer)
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.