Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy built upon delivering engineering excellence worldwide. We are dedicated to creating exceptional value for our clients through the intelligent application of engineering science and innovative approaches towards planning for construction.
Since 1982, Robert Bird Group has developed a diverse project portfolio that extends over numerous industry and government sectors globally. We have built a reputation for expertise in the engineering of complex structural projects and continue to win high-profile projects both in Dubai and across the world. Our vision is ‘The Relentless Pursuit of Engineering Excellence’ and it drives us forward into the future.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Senior Technician to grow our Civil team in Dubai. You will work across a range of civil and infrastructure projects both locally and with our project teams across the world.
You will play a lead role in the Civil team and be responsible for drafting output and the adherence to RBG standards. You will also be required to work closely with the MENA Drafting Manager and Group Drafting Manager to continually develop AutoCAD and Civils 3D protocols aligned to RBG standards.
Your day to day duties will include but not be limited to;
- Civils 3d / MX/ AutoCAD Drafting.
- Maintaining a professional attitude when communicating with internal and external staff.
- Delegating work to technicians and junior technicians.
- Liaising with architects and service consultants with respect to questions/queries relating to their documentation and informing the Project Engineer and other members of the project team of any changes.
- Keeping technicians under your direction, informed and up to date with specific project related issues and changes.
- Assisting with the training of junior technicians and technicians as and when required.
- Attending and being involved with drafting meeting, if required.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of drawing office standards.
- Checking all drafting staff’s work (where required) to comply with the Standard Drafting Procedures.
- Assisting with conducting interviews for all required drafting staff in conjunction with HR department if required.
- Developing and maintaining Project Drawing Transmittal if a Document Controller has not been appointed.
- General office duties to achieve project related requirements.
- Project programming and monitoring.
- QA procedure implementation.
- Implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and overseeing teams compliance
In this role you will be responsible for the production of high quality and accurate civil drafting, as well as the coordination of Civil standards for MENA projects.
As the team grows you will also be responsible for the development of staff under your direction and the maintenance of a team environment in the Dubai office alongside Company principals.
We understand that people are the key to our success and we are dedicated to recruiting and training the most talented and motivated people in our industry who embody our values of collaboration, accountability and innovation.
The successful applicant will have;
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a similar civil technician/drafting role;
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of Civils 3D, AutoCAD 2, Infraworks, Navisworks, AutoTurn, and SSA (Storm Sanitary Analysis);
- Demonstrated experience on civil/ infrastructure projects including roads, bridges, ports, rail;
- High level of initiative and willingness to work in team; and
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal
Candidates with knowledge of and experience in Microdrainage, AASHTO standards, Innovyze will be looked upon favourably.
How to apply
Please submit application, which clearly demonstrates your experience and suitability for this role.
This role is offered as a permanent position and a remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Robert Bird Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers a range of benefits to its employees.
Applicants that may result in an agency fee will not be considered.