Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognised for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our newly established New York office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
DUTIES: (Actions to be performed by personnel filling this position.)
- Detailed analysis and design.
- Design checking.
- Site visits and liaison.
- Client and consultant liaison and coordination.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resources in conjunction with Senior Engineers and Associates.
- Promote Robert Bird Group to clients.
- Be aware of and assist with monitoring and control of project costs.
- Assist with negotiation and preparation of fee variations.
- Assist with preparation of project invoicing.
- Assist with training and direction of junior engineers and CAD Operators.
- Project programming and monitoring.
- QA procedure implementation.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team’s compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Results/Outcomes for which the personnel filling the position will be held accountable.)
- Execution of all items listed in Duties.
- Accuracy of design work.
- Quality of work.
- Project profitability.
- Achievement of program milestones.
- Client satisfaction.
- Training of junior engineers.
- Creation and maintenance of ‘team’ environment in the New York office in conjunction with the Company principals.
Experience/what we desire:
- Relevant engineering experience (preferred 5 years)
- Master’s degree
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.