An exciting opportunity has arisen for a junior and ambitious Structural Engineer to join our small but growing team in Kuala Lumpur.
At Robert Bird Group we transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive structural engineering solutions in the building, infrastructure and construction sectors.
A career with us can take you to new heights. With overseas offices in London, Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, and Hong Kong our KL studio has significant grow potential and now is a great time to get involved.
As a Structural Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out detailed structural engineering design.
- Producing engineering sketches and overseeing the production of engineering drawings to communicate your design to our clients and partners.
- Working with the client and design partners, in conjunction with Project Leaders, to assist in project delivery.
- Promotion of Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients
- Contributing to RBG’s “relentless pursuit of engineering excellence” through developing and delivering innovative project solutions.
Successful applicants should be able to provide the below experience:
- Proven technical capacity with 1 to 3 years’ structural engineering experience
- Proven record of working independently and being self-motivated
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal for both internal and client relations
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Understanding and experience of designing to the Malaysian Building Code and other international structural standards
- Experience in engineering software such as Etabs, Strand7 or others is an advantage
- Digital engineering knowledge of Grasshopper and Karumba an added advantage
- Understanding and experience of preparing Building Consent submissions
- Demonstrated progress towards Professional Chartership is an advantage.
If you seek an engineering career challenge, variety of work, recognition for achievement and a team working environment, we want to hear from you!