Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Our Melbourne Structural team provides specialist structural engineering services to the biggest contractors on some of Melbourne’s most significant building and major transport infrastructure projects. In tune with RBG’s overarching strategic objectives this team has successfully delivered proven “design for delivery” results, providing quality controlled structural solutions to complex construction challenges. Our business continues to grow and as a result we have an exciting career opportunity for a Structural Design Engineer to join our team in Melbourne (Collins Square).
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly working alongside a dedicated team of highly talented engineers (150+ Structural Engineers employed in offices across Australia, NZ & SE Asia). Their skills include:
- creative problem solving, complex structural analysis
- construction methodologies & technologies
- complex structure erection and high-rise building design
The successful applicant will have / be:
- Relevant academic qualifications
- A minimum of three years’ local experience in a Structural Engineering role
- Strong project management skills
- Building related experience – commercial, residential, government, public buildings and retail
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in steel and concrete design is essential.
- Experience in ETABS and RAPT or similar programs preferable
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a hardworking but fun team then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.