Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Structural Technician/Draftsperson to join our Construction Engineering (CE) team based at our head office, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. CE, typically involves working closely with contractors to develop construction methodologies for the design of temporary works as well as staged analysis.
Currently, we are excited to be working on two significant major projects in Brisbane, Cross River Rail and Queen’s Wharf. This role will include active participation in the development of engineering solutions for the construction of these projects in addition to many others.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Project drawing control
- Site inspections
- Liaising with consultants and Project Engineers
- Training, development and direction of draftspersons under your direction
The successful candidates will have / be:
- A minimum of three years AutoCAD drafting experience
- Some REVIT drafting experience (not essential)
- Working knowledge of DYNAMO software (not essential) A team player with a practical approach to problem solving
- An effective communicator
- Experience with other 3D Modelling software packages (not essential)
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude and enjoy working in a hardworking but fun team then this is the role for you! Perks include a great location, an active social club, a paid day of birthday leave every year, weekly Friday drinks, and a vibrant office culture.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.