Employment Type Full-time
About the job
- Work on the design of landmark building and construction projects
- Develop your design/animation skills utilising our advanced software tools
- Utilise our world-class and in-house developed ‘Reveal’ interactive visual communication tool
Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We strive for good to a great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
Our Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) team develop bespoke VDC solutions by combining our extensive engineering expertise with superior visualisation technology. From simple explanatory details on still images and animations to interactive models utilising gaming technology.
Our team is unique in the market, modelling and animating using the virtual environment and embedding intelligence within visualised solutions for landmark projects.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for 3D Designers/3D Visualisers (we call them VDC Technicians) to work on some exciting and innovative projects using your virtual design and creative expertise in the digital design of construction/staging of some of the world’s most iconic structures.
You will be joining a highly skilled, friendly, and collaborative VDC team at the cutting edge of industry-changing 4D Construction Visualisation.
These roles provide an opportunity to produce and communicate realistic and time-dependent animations of the construction process covering temporary works requirements, construction staging and sequencing considerations, site access, materials handling, and logistics requirements, and programming constraints, all within real-world construction scenarios.
You will also utilise RBG’s world-class in-house developed ‘Reveal’ interactive visual communication tool.
Preview some of the short videos to give you some insight into the type of work that you might be involved in with Robert Bird Group:
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders and talented specialists in our global business.
We offer access to high-profile projects, ongoing training and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, various financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards and a social and cohesive team environment.
The role will include:
- Actively participating in developing visualisation solutions using your technical skills and experience and your knowledge of the industry
- Producing complex and detailed models’
- Modelling structural and architectural assets
- Creating custom shaders and textures
- Placement, sequencing and staging of all relevant 3D assets within construction methodologies
- Proactively assisting with the development of current visualisation practices and standards.
- Optimising models, material, textures, and lighting for use in game/interactive platforms
- Setting up models for real-time rendering
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of 3 years postgraduate work experience in visualisation, preferably in Architecture or Construction
- High skill level in 3D Studio Max
- Experience with Unity Gaming Engine
- Revit knowledge would be favourable.
- Proficiency in V-Ray
- Competence in Photoshop
- Good communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, and multi-task
- Experience in other programs such as the Adobe Creative Suite also beneficial.
If you’re interested, please follow the link in our job advert and click apply.
If you’d like further information, please email the Recruitment Team at email@example.com
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers as we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.