Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global engineering consulting firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through ‘the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence’ across all projects.
We deliver proven ‘design for delivery’ results, providing engineering solutions and construction methodologies for complex construction challenges on some of the world’s largest, highest-profile, and most complex built-form projects.
Our Construction Engineering (CE) teams provide specialist staged analysis, construction methodology and temporary works design services to some of the biggest contractors constructing Sydney’s most significant building and major transport infrastructure projects.
Our team has pioneered the development of various approaches and techniques that are now considered an industry standard.
Due to recent projects wins, an exciting full-time opportunity exists for an Associate to join our Construction Engineering team in Sydney, Australia. Leading a highly skilled project team, you’ll have opportunity to play a key role, assisting us to successfully deliver current and future projects, while supporting RBG’s reputation for innovation, technical excellence, quality, and project delivery.
Why work with us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders, technical experts, and the specialist engineers of our global business.
We offer access to landmark projects, ongoing training and development, a variety of paid leave, financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative and social team environment.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Experienced in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Able to establish new and repeat clients and business
- Delivers profitable projects that meet client expectations
- Experienced in fee proposal development and variation negotiation
- Competent in project team resourcing and workload coordination
- Effective in developing staff through mentoring, education, and support.
The successful applicant will have:
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar Structural Engineering role with experience in the design of temporary works and developing construction methodology
- Experienced in leading the delivery of large-scale and complex projects
- Building sector design focus. Infrastructure experience is also valuable
- Steel and reinforced concrete design experience
- The ability to project manage, guide, and develop team members, and be client-facing
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive approach
- Relevant academic qualifications and Chartered status in Structural Engineering
We are a highly motivated, energetic, and proactive team. If you are seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.