Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
RBG offers dedicated in-house Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering teams based in London (our central hub) and Dubai. RBG’s award-winning geotechnical teams continue to provide industry-leading design solutions on a variety of challenging and prestigious building and infrastructure projects. Our teams are able to service projects located across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. We use a range of complex analytical tools in combination with our ‘Design Leadership’ and ‘Design for Delivery’ approach to develop and inform optimised construction sequences and innovative construction techniques, which reduce or eliminate construction risks, leading to better programme and cost outcomes.
We are looking for an Associate Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geotechnical Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
They will have the opportunity to directly contribute to the growth of the team and to manage and deliver the geotechnical aspects of a variety of prestigious buildings and infrastructure projects within the UK and overseas. This role will provide the candidate with continuous exposure to collaborate with other teams and disciplines within RBG UK and overseas, as well as to interface with existing and prospective clients.
- Actively participate in developing UK practice and promote Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Active involvement in all projects, including project programming and monitoring, ensuring exemplary service afforded to clients at all times.
- Proactively and ethically motivate, lead and develop project teams to deliver superior outcomes.
- Undertake project cost control and compile project invoices.
- Plan and manage project resources and undertake project coordination.
- Establish new clients and develop existing client relationships through excellent project delivery and repeat business.
- Develop fee proposals and negotiate fee variations.
- Develop and review design philosophy and design documentations. concept design and design philosophy.
- Select sub-consultants including development of scope, programme and commercial aspects.
- Supervise employees under your direction, identify training, undertake their career planning.
- Develop and implement company policies.
Required Qualifications and Memberships
Relevant engineering experience, including but not limited to design of complex foundation and substructure systems, ground movement assessment and impact assessment of existing assets, monitoring related activities, digital design and innovation, design leadership and client liaison, and proficiency with industry design software.
Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
Master of Engineering (Civil) or Doctorate in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent would be a nice to have.
Chartered Member of the ICE or the Geotechnical Society or equivalent.
Why Work With Us
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward CVs directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.