Australasia Undergraduate & Graduate Opportunities
The Undergraduate & Graduate Program is structured to support emerging professionals in making the transition from their studies to a fulfilling career at Robert Bird Group. Our Undergraduate & Graduate Engineers are exposed to many different experiences, allowing individuals to develop their skills and support their ongoing personal and professional development. The Program is designed to expand an individual’s knowledge and provide the foundations for a successful career in the industry.
Robert Bird Group provides Undergraduates & Graduates with a variety of projects and opportunities focused on individuals’ professional development, including supporting the commencement of Chartership status with the relevant professional institution.
Our aim is to provide opportunities for our people to become world class engineers and leaders.
Please submit your CV, cover letter & recent academic transcript to the e-mail address below.
Kindly indicate your expected year of graduation and location.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Robert Bird Group’s Traineeship program allows individuals to carry out a formal traineeship as a Trainee Technician over three years while gaining practical work experience through paid employment.
Successful completion of this traineeship will allow you to Learn CAD drafting, including 3D modelling and 2D documentation using software such as Revit and AutoCAD.
Throughout the traineeship, you will have dedicated mentors who will provide guidance and coaching to see you succeed in your career to the best of your potential!
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Redrawing of hand sketches using CAD (Computer Aided Drafting)
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings
- Preparing, reviewing, and redrafting engineering drawings alongside the wider team
- Measuring existing structures and components and learning to read mark-ups
- Providing administrative support to the team members
- Completing on and off the job training
- Ensuring final designs comply with regulations and quality standards
Having completed Year 12, you will have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will also demonstrate:
- Competent computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- A strong interest in computing and engineering
- Teamwork skills and the motivation to continually learn
- Excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic
The successful candidate will need to meet citizenship or permanent resident eligibility requirements.