Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
Our team continues to deliver award-winning, complex, and architecturally iconic structure designs and infrastructure projects including tall and super-tall buildings, stadiums, airports, metro stations and major retail centres.
RBG has a rich history of embracing digital technology, from the application of advanced structural analysis to the use of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and the broad application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) for efficient project delivery. For many years RBG has been growing its capabilities in BIM, and now has significant skillsets spread across its offices, globally.
In this full-time role, you will lead information management using BIM for projects whilst overseeing the local delivery team and ensuring the clients information requirements and digital deliverables are met. The role is instrumental in leading and managing the operational application of BIM, VDC, digital processes and contributing to the development and implementation of RBG drawing and BIM standards for the North Sydney team.
The BIM Manager is the point of contact for BIM between the engineering team and external stakeholders, including the client, other consultants, and other project stakeholders.
Working in collaboration with the Global Digital Leadership team, you will also support the adoption of BIM standards and processes, including regional strategy development, technical training, driving cultural change, internal and external engagement, opportunity identification and practical implementation of BIM on projects in the region.
Why work with us?
As the BIM Manager, you will have the ability to leverage some of the region’s largest, highest-profile and most complex projects and drive the application of our BIM capability as we move towards a fully integrated digital environment in our industry.
We offer various leave, financial, and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative and social team environment.
The role will include:
- Responsibility for understanding clients’ information requirements within the EIR or the responding Lead Appointed Party BIM Execution Plan (BEP) and ensuring they are delivered.
- Ensuring digital processes are integrated throughout the region, including 2D drafting, BIM and VDC.
- Responsibility for communication of project information requirements internally and externally.
- Responsibility for the production of the Task Information Delivery Plan
- Contributing to the project Digital Plan of Work in conjunction with the Digital Production Lead and support compliance with and monitoring of the plan.
- Responsibility for leading spatial coordination in Navisworks Manage, Revizto or other coordination software and report/assign issues to project stakeholders.
- Accountability for model and process QA/QC including checking and reviewing drawings and models to ensure the quality of output meets RBG standards and the client’s information requirements.
- Responsibility for providing training for specific BIM processes and tools to all teams involved in the projects.
- Acting as Digital Engineering Lead on multiple projects and attending client meetings.
- Contribute to reporting for compliance and progress in terms of Information management using BIM on projects.
- Supporting tendering teams in reviewing legal & contractual implications of BIM on projects.
The successful applicant will have:
- Substantial and relevant design and construction related experience in leading digital delivery activities including but not limited to, structural & civil drafting and modelling, BIM Management, and the use of digital design processes.
- Experience in model validation and verification using tool such as Solibri, BIM Interoperability Tools, BIM360, and custom tools. Demonstrated leadership, organisational and people management skills and the ability to prioritise key objectives.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at senior levels and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data management and reporting tools such as MS Power BI.
- Associate Diploma in Engineering. Professional membership with a relevant institution preferred.
- Experience with programming or visual programming languages (Dynamo & GH) preferred.
- Advanced Proficiency of BIM authoring software such as Revit / Tekla / Archicad etc.
- Experience using BIM coordination software such as Navisworks, Revizto, etc.
- Experience using cloud-based collaboration platforms to fulfil CDE workflows, such as Aconex, BIM 360, etc.
- Detailed understanding of the ISO 19650 series, with experience working to the 1192 suite of standards.
- A passion for information management using BIM to drive wider digital transformation
If you are highly motivated, have a positive attitude, and are committed to continuous learning, then this is a great opportunity for you!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.