Employment Type Full-time
- Highly attractive and varied career opportunity
- Global multi-disciplinary consulting firm
- Exciting landmark construction projects
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
RBG has had an office in Hong Kong for over 10 years and we are excited to be working on a number of significant projects in the Asia region. RBG has been working on a number of landmark projects in Asia which includes, Merdeka 118, Tun Razak Exchange (TRX), HKMZ Bridge Project – Passenger Clearance Building and Kai Tak Sports Park just to name a few.
RBG has a rich history of embracing digital technology, from the application of advanced structural analysis to the use of Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) and the broad application of Building Information Modelling (BIM) for efficient project delivery. For many years RBG has been growing its capabilities in BIM, and now has significant skillsets spread across its offices, globally.
The BIM Manager will lead information management using BIM for the project whilst overseeing the local delivery team and ensuring the clients information requirements and digital deliverables are met. The role is instrumental in leading and managing the operational application of BIM, VDC, digital processes and contributing to the development and implementation of RBG drawing and BIM standards for the Hong Kong team.
The BIM Manager is the point of contact for BIM between the engineering team and external stakeholders, including the client, other consultants, and other project stakeholders. This role reports directly to the Hong Kong General Manager. Working in collaboration with the Global Digital Leadership team, you will also support the adoption of BIM standards and processes, including regional strategy development, technical training, driving cultural change, internal and external engagement, opportunity identification and practical implementation of BIM on projects in the region.
Why work for us?
As the BIM Manager, you will have the ability to leverage some of the region’s largest, highest-profile and most complex projects and drive the application of our BIM capability as we move towards a fully integrated digital environment in our industry.
You will be become part of an existing dedicated team of digital experts and regional specialists spread throughout the business including software development, digital/computational design, VDC, BIM and, of course, engineering.
We offer various leave, financial, and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative and social team environment.
The role will include:
- Responsibility for understanding and managing Client expectations for BIM scope and deliverables.
- Accountability for the setup of BIM workflows for the entire project from contract-award stage until handover and approval of BIM deliverables.
- Ensuring digital processes are integrated throughout the region, including 2D drafting, BIM and VDC.
- Assisting in estimating engineering budget and schedule, project BIM requirements, and overseeing technical resources to meet projects deadlines.
- Accountability for ensuring model and process QA/QC including checking and reviewing drawings and models to ensure the quality of output meets RBG standards and the clients information requirements.
The successful applicant will have:
- Substantial and relevant design and construction related experience in leading digital delivery activities including but not limited to; structural & civil drafting and modelling, BIM Management, and the use of digital design processes.
- Advanced proficiency with Revit modelling, VDC, and the ability to utilise applications to conduct model and drawing reviews in supporting engineering tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational and people management skills and the ability to prioritise key objectives.
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at senior levels and well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data management and reporting tools such as MS Power BI.
- Experience with programming or visual programming languages (Dynamo & GH) preferred.
- Proficiency of BIM authoring software such as Revit / Tekla / Archicad etc.
- Experience using BIM coordination software such as Navisworks, Revizto, etc.
- Experience using cloud-based collaboration platforms to fulfil CDE workflows, such as Aconex, BIM 360, etc.
- Detailed understanding of the ISO 19650 series, with experience working to the 1192 suite of standards.
- A Passion for information management using BIM to drive wider digital transformation
- Associate Diploma in Engineering. Professional membership with a relevant institution preferred.
- Ability to speak English and Cantonese. Mandarin is an advantage.
- Solid understanding of Hong Kong Codes of Practice and British Standards.
- Experience with Chinese Codes (GB) is an advantage.
How to apply
All applications must please be submitted online.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.