We are looking for a motivated and passionate Bridge Design Engineer to join our Infrastructure team.
Where others see risk and complexity we see opportunity. Robert Bird Group is renowned for the design of landmark engineering projects. We transform inspiring client visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and construction-led engineering designs. We are at the forefront of developing digital tools that better integrate design and construction, and invest in our staff for the long-term. If you are seeking an engineering career that will give you a variety of work and experience on exciting projects, recognition for your achievements, a great team working environment and enthusiastic office culture, we want to hear from you!
We are currently working on large-scale rail projects in both London and Australia and are looking for talented Structural Engineers to join our London-based Civil Structures / Construction Engineering team. As part of your role, you would have the opportunity to work on road and railway bridges and long-span station structures, as part of a team working on long-term asset renewal contracts and delivering deep basements, stations and tunnel portals from conceptual to detailed design stage. You will also interface with a wide range of world-class architects, specialist design consultants, leading construction contractors, and the relevant government authorities.
At a time of significant growth in our workload, we are looking for Associate Directors and Associates to come join and help lead our team in either our London or Birmingham offices.
Successful applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A healthy interest in life outside of work.
- Hold a BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) Engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Have a strong background in Structural Engineering with a minimum of 7-8 years of relevant engineering experience.
- Hold Chartered status with an internationally recognised institution.
- Be proactive in their approach to projects with a proven track record of working independently and communicating effectively across multi-disciplinary teams, colleagues, clients, contractors and authorities.
- Have a proven track record of leading design teams, maintaining client relationships, managing commercial outcomes, and developing junior staff.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working on publicly funded infrastructure projects is favourable.
Please apply with your CV & cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.