Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We strive for good to a great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Central Region, this role offers an opportunity to apply high-level innovative, economical, and practical methods to drive the success of landmark projects in the region.
You will have the opportunity to lead successful negotiations of commercial and financial outcomes using highly developed business acumen and influence the engagement on large-scale and nationally significant projects.
Why work for us?
As a Commercial Manager at RBG, you will be integral in influencing some of the region’s largest, highest-profile and most complex projects. You will drive performance across various activities and interfaces across teams of multiple disciplines, providing expert knowledge and ensuring informed and efficient delivery of engineering solutions to our clients.
We offer access to various leave, financial, and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a cohesive team environment.
The role will include:
- Managing relationships, communicating, and negotiating with clients and other JV partners.
- Providing expert advice on contract conditions and administration to project stakeholders on commercial, contractual, operational, financial, reputational, ethical and supply chain risk
- Managing contracts ensuring information integrity, negotiating changes and modifications, and monitoring performance to deliver outcomes aligned with stakeholder expectations
- Assist project leaders with complex project planning and programming to meet time constraints, including preparing specifications, proposals, reports, and other documentation to meet client requirements.
- Identifying business improvement initiatives and developing and implementing new processes and procedures to minimise corruption, improve performance, and enhance efficiency.
- Preparing commercial and project controls reports
The successful candidate will have:
- A BCom, BSc, LLB or BEng degree or a relevant discipline
- Professional Qualifications such as MRICS, MIAustE or a relevant institution preferred
- Previous experience in a similar role with at least eight years’ experience related to construction projects
- A sound understanding of government requirements for procurement, probity, and contract governance frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to develop risk mitigation strategies for complex procurement arrangements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the business/ marketing context of business solutions
- Expert negotiation and stakeholder engagement skills
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.