Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions. We strive for good to great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
About the role
Working with the Operations Manager, NSW/ACT this role will see you providing a wide range of accounting functions, primarily focused on financial and management performance and reporting.
This will include the preparation and presentation of monthly financial results, updates to financial forecasts (including coordinating with teams within the office) and financial performance measures of the office.
You will also provide advice on contract development and administration considerations to assist in RBG’s contract decision making process and consult on the terms and conditions of contracts, including the preparation of documentation and issuing of contracts with the assistance of our legal department.
This role will also see you supporting the office leadership team in the formulation of business strategy and direction within the region. In this role there is an opportunity for growth to become part of the office leadership team as well as work with Robert Bird Group teams both nationally and internationally.
To be successful in this role some of the skills and experience you will require:
- Accounting experience at a senior level including excellent experience in overall technical financial accounting.
- High level communication skills, with demonstrated ability in building relationships, influencing leaders, and supporting teams to achieve commercial objectives.
- Senior experience in analysing and preparing reports, including the ability to present information in a logical and clear manner.
- Senior financial reporting experience ideally within a medium sized global organisation.
- A high level of business acumen, with the ability to analyse information together with a strong understanding of accounting principles, with experience in implementation.
- A proven ability to implement sound management practices and to work in an agile, dynamic, and changing organisation.
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work across the business which is located in multiple time zones.
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
Why work for us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders within our global business.
We offer paid professional membership, various financial, leave, health/well-being benefits, recognition awards and a social and cohesive team environment.
If you are motivated by great career prospects and the opportunity to further your experience in a corporate finance environment, please make an application today!
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.