POSITION TITLE: Design Engineer
BUSINESS UNIT: Structural/Civil Engineering
BRANCH LOCATION: Birmingham
REPORTS TO: Associate Director
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons)
REQUIRED PROF. MEMBERSHIPS:
PREFERRED PROF. MEMBERSHIPS: Graduate IStructE or ICE
DUTIES: (Actions to be performed by personnel filling this position.)
- Detailed design.
- Design checking.
- Site inspections and liaison.
- Client and consultant liaison and coordination.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resources in conjunction with Senior Engineers and Associates.
- Promote Robert Bird Group to clients.
- Be aware of and assist with monitoring and control of project costs.
- Assist with negotiation and preparation of fee variations.
- Assist with preparation of project invoicing.
- Assist with training and direction of graduate engineers and junior draftspersons.
- Project programming and monitoring.
- QA procedure implementation.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team’s compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
RESPONSIBILITIES: (Results/Outcomes for which the personnel filling the position will be held accountable.)
- Execution of all items listed in Duties.
- Accuracy of design work
- Quality of work
- Project profitability.
- Achievement of programme milestones.
- Client satisfaction.
- Training of graduate engineers.
- Creation and maintenance of ‘team’ environment on London office in conjunction with the Company principals.
AUTHORITY: (Actions which the personnel filling the position are authorized to execute subject to the accompanying conditions.)
Action / Authority
- Subcontract work component
- With Director Approval
- 5 years Preferred Relevant Engineering Experience
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS: (The KPI’s listed below are to be taken into account during the performance review.)
- Project Profitability
- Return or ongoing business from client
- Minimal rework
- Personal continued professional development
- Positive performance as part of the ‘team’ environment
- QA procedure implementation
- Performance to programme