Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Construction Engineering Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Learn and understand the full range of products and standards for the Construction Engineering sector
- Detailed design of structural systems
- Design checking.
- Site inspections and liaison.
- Client and consultant liaison and coordination.
- Actively participate in the development of engineering solutions using your technical skills and experience, as well as your knowledge of design and construction.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resources in conjunction with Senior Engineers and Associates.
- Design and supervise the design and drafting of general temporary works, including falsework, support beams and towers, access platforms and lifting beams.
- Develop and document construction sequencing, including erection schemes for special structures such as mobile cranes, tower cranes, floating cranes, etc
- Promote Robert Bird Group to clients.
- Be aware of and assist with monitoring and control of project costs.
- Assist with negotiation and preparation of fee variations.
- Assist with preparation of project invoicing.
- Assist with training and direction of graduate engineers and junior draftspersons.
- Project programming and monitoring.
- QA procedure implementation.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee teams compliance
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Experience (5 Years)
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.