We are looking for a motivated and passionate Design Engineer to join our Civil Engineering team.
Where others see risk and complexity we see opportunity. Robert Bird Group is renowned for the design of landmark engineering projects. We transform inspiring client visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and construction-led engineering designs. We are at the forefront of developing digital tools that better integrate design and construction, and invest in our staff for the long-term. If you are seeking an engineering career that will give you a variety of work and experience on exciting projects, recognition for your achievements, a great team working environment and enthusiastic office culture, we want to hear from you!
We are currently working on large-scale rail projects in both London and Australia and are looking for a talented Design Engineer to join our London based Engineering team. As part of your role you would have the opportunity to design road, rail and masterplanning projects from conceptual to detailed design stage. You will also interface with a wide range of world-class architects, master planners, specialist design consultants, leading construction contractors, and the relevant government authorities.
You will also interface with a wide range of world-class architects, specialist design consultants, leading construction contractors, and the relevant government authorities.
Successful applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate the following:
- A healthy interest in life outside of work.
- Hold a BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) Civil Engineering degree (or equivalent).
- Have a minimum of 3 years of civil engineering experience to include highway and infrastructure design (highways, drainage, SuDs and utilities), pre and post planning.
- A Graduate Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, working towards Chartership
- Undertake project design development and successful delivery to project and client requirements.
- Be proactive in their approach to projects with a proven track record of working independently and communicating effectively with the team and project leaders
- Have a proven track record in design with Software tools Autodesk (Infraworks and Civil 3D) and Microdrainage.
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have strong organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working on publicly funded infrastructure projects is favourable.
Please apply with your CV & cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.