Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Design Engineer to join our Structures Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, with a number of new and exciting projects kicking off in the coming month. Our Design Engineers are active across the whole lifecycle of a project, from the initial concept development, through to detailed design and on to construction stage services. If you are excited by collaborative design, solving complex engineering challenges and delivering the next generation of low carbon buildings and structures, we would love to hear from you.
Key & Responsibilities
- Engage in structural design from Concept through to Detailed design stages.
- Contribute to our drive for best practice design and engineering culture, including our drive for net-zero carbon construction and development of cutting edge digital design technics.
- Undertake site inspections and liaison with contractors through the construction phase.
- Carry out site surveys and desk studies, preparing and presenting outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Collaboration with Clients, architects and other external consultants.
- Assist with coordination and management of internal project team resources to achieve project milestones.
- Contribute to the promotion of Robert Bird Group to clients and the wider industry.
- Support project leaders in the commercial management of projects, including project planning, finance and contract management.
- Assist with mentoring, training and direction of graduate engineers and junior draftspersons.
- Engage in STEM activities in schools and universities to inspire the next generation of structural designers.
- Actively participate is the RBG team culture, supporting your Team Leader in social, sustainability, H&S, technology development, QA and other team and business initiatives.
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent
- BEng (Hons) or Meng (Hons)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Engineering Experience ( minimum 2 years)
- Graduate member of the IStructE or ICE
Why Work With Us
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.