Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a global consulting engineering firm committed to delivering each client’s vision through the relentless pursuit of engineering excellence across all projects. We strive for good to a great design by transforming inspiring concepts into buildable designs through innovative, collaborative, and proactive solutions.
Our team has engineered some of the largest and most complex projects such as Sydney Crown, One Sydney Harbour, Sydney Football Stadium, International Convention Centre, and various Sydney Metro stations.
Reporting to the Technician Manager, this role would suit someone who enjoys managing documentation, is confident in maintaining information systems, and likes the challenge of meeting all quality and compliance standards.
To be successful in this role you will have had some experience to date in using both manual and electronic document filing systems, have excellent attention to detail, great verbal and written communication skills and be able to organise and prioritise your workload.
Why work with us?
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our local talented team and the specialists of our global business.
We offer great projects, training and development, paid birthday leave, paid parental leave, various financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards and a supportive and social team environment.
Responsibilities of role:
- Establish and maintain document control processes for all soft and hard copy records and documentation
- Develop relationships across the business, and with external contacts as required
- Archive, retrieve and store documentation to meet compliance and quality needs
- Contribute to any quality checks or audits as required
- Manage incoming, internal, and outgoing documents
- Maintain consistency in document formatting, templating, and presentation
- Coordinate all incoming and outgoing project documents and workflows to provide business and project needs and timeframes
- Maintain all filing and library systems
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience to date in an administrative role to date
- Previous experience in a Document Controller role desired, ideally with Aconex, ProjectWise or similar project collaboration software
- Excellent prioritisation and project management skills
- Proven administration skills
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Flexible in working style and hours to meet project timeframes as required
- Strong IT skills
- Experience to date in a Construction or an Engineering environment would be most advantageous
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in cohesive and social team, then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.