Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
RBG’s structural team delivers award-winning, complex, and architecturally iconic structure designs, including tall and super-tall buildings, stadiums, airports, and major retail centres.
Our team has engineered iconic projects such as the Crown Sydney, One Sydney Harbour, One Central Park, One Circular Quay, Sydney Football Stadium, International Convention Centre, and various Sydney Metro stations.
Investing in the future of engineering:
We are investing heavily in new forms of engineering delivery, to include 4D BIM digital rehearsals using our Unity-based Reveal platform. Integrated with our BIM, analysis and Synchro programming tools, this is redefining the way clients and contractors plan and deliver their projects.
Created in-house by our own coding and programming teams, and in keeping with our desire to be at the forefront of the industry, we offer opportunities for our engineers wishing to use their existing experience – or upskill in the fields of parametric design, data science, coding, and programming.
We are also committed to fostering exceptional engineering talent who share our dedication to environmentally responsible design.
A full-time opportunity exists for an Engineer with commercial building design experience to join our team in North Sydney. You will support new and existing projects, including the structural design of several tall tower projects in Sydney.
Why work for us?
We offer various paid leave, financial and health/well-being benefits, recognition awards, dynamic leadership, and a collaborative team environment.
RBG provides frequent opportunities for professional development and the chance to learn directly from our dedicated team of leaders, technical experts, and the specialist engineers of our global business.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive toward career development and continuous learning
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Experienced in the design of projects such as mixed use, commercial, residential, infrastructure, heritage refurbishment or industrial buildings
The successful applicant will have:
- Post qualification experience in a similar Structural Engineering role
- Building sector design focus. Infrastructure experience is also valuable
- Concrete design experience with exposure to a minimum of three of the following: columns, foundations, reinforced concrete slabs and beams, post-tension slabs and beams, lateral design, and shoring design/basement structures
- Steel and timber design desirable
- Excellent communication skills with a proactive approach
- Exposure to software such as ETABS, SPACE GASS, Microstran, RAPT, Ram Concept and Strand7
- Relevant academic qualifications and working toward CPEng preferred
We are a highly motivated, technically skilled, and proactive team. If you are seeking engineering career challenges, a variety of work, recognition for achievement and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Remuneration: The salary for this role will be in the range of $75,000 to $96,000 (AUD) base salary + superannuation and will be commensurate on the experience of the successful candidate.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.