Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We are recognized for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
RBG offers dedicated in-house Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Engineering teams based in London (our central hub) and Dubai. RBG’s award-winning geotechnical teams continue to provide industry-leading design solutions on a variety of challenging and prestigious building and infrastructure projects. Our teams are able to service projects located across the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. We use a range of complex analytical tools in combination with our ‘Design Leadership’ and ‘Design for Delivery’ approach to develop and inform optimised construction sequences and innovative construction techniques, which reduce or eliminate construction risks, leading to better programme and cost outcomes.
We are looking for a Design Engineer to join our Geotechnical Team in the London Office and in the Dubai Office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
They will have the opportunity to directly get involved in the growth of the team and to assist delivering the geotechnical aspects of a variety of prestigious buildings and infrastructure projects within the UK and overseas. This role will provide the candidate with continuous exposure to collaborate with other teams and disciplines within RBG UK and overseas, as well as to interface with external clients.
- Promote Robert Bird Group to existing and prospective clients.
- Assist to develop concept design and design philosophy development in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Associates and Directors.
- Ground investigation design, administration and interpretation.
- Design and analysis (including but not limited to retaining walls, deep foundations, shallow foundations, basement retention systems, finite element modelling etc.) – requires approval prior to issue.
- Design checking.
- Preparation of project reports and specifications.
- Ground movement predictions and review of movement monitoring.
- Impact assessment of existing assets.
- Site inspections, liaison and coordination with third-parties.
- Interaction with other disciplines within the company, in the UK and overseas.
- Be aware of and assist with project cost control and with compilation of project invoices.
- Assist Senior Engineers, Associates and Directors with fee proposal development.
- Assist with coordination and management of project team resource requirements in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Associates and Directors.
- Assist with training and direction of graduate engineers and junior draftspersons.
- Implement Quality System on projects.
- Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team’s compliance.
- Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required.
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Relevant engineering experience (3 to 5 years) working on buildings and infrastructure projects including but not limited to the design of retaining walls, deep and shallow foundations.
- Knowledge of industry design software such as Plaxis 2D, Plaxis 3D, Oaysis package, Wallap and Slope W.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications and Further Experience
- Master of Engineering (Civil) or equivalent.
- Proficiency with industry design software such as Plaxis 2D, Plaxis 3D, Oaysis package, Wallap and Slope W.
- Relevant engineering experience in delivering monitoring related activities, ground movement assessment and impact assessment of buildings, services and infrastructure assets.
- CAD Experience.
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.