Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are recognised for a large range of landmark projects and can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects, both locally and internationally.
An opportunity has become available within RGB for IT Support Technician to join our IT Team in the London Office. The role of the IT Technician is to work as part of a wider team to support the business by providing excellent stakeholder service fulfilling incident and request tickets. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support within the organisation
- Installing, configuring and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing and upgrading OS updates and antivirus software
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly and communicate business updates such as outages to key stake holders.
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
- You will also be required to carry out any other duties requested of you by your direct Line Manager
- Ordering goods and processing their respective invoices whilst maintaining information in an asset management system.
- Service Desk support First/Second line
- Windows device support / build
- Mobile operating systems (iOS/Android)
- Hardware installation / configuration (Servers, Network, Printing ect)
- Server Setup / Configuration / Support
- Software / Application installation and validation
- Good verbal and written English
- Excellent communication skills are essential
Required Qualifications and Memberships
- Relevant IT experience (2 Years)
Please attach a CV and cover letter.
Robert Bird Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.