Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions. We integrate design excellence with construction and delivery expertise in close partnership with our clients.
RBG has been operating successfully for over 35 years. Our team provides structural engineering services on some of Australia’s most significant projects including A108, 405 Bourke St, upgrade to Knox and Chadstone shopping centres.
Reporting to our Technician Manager, we have an opportunity for a Junior Technician/Draftsperson to join our Technical Services team in Melbourne.
You will support new and existing projects, including the detailed structural design of several landmark infrastructure and tall tower projects in Melbourne and interstate, and work on current projects including Tower 9 in Docklands, 699 Park Street, 50 Queen St and other major leading structure projects.
Using your existing REVIT modelling capabilities, this is a chance to develop your technical skills and be mentored by experienced Drafters.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to quality and agile in project delivery
- Self-motivated in demonstrating initiative
- Some experience in a wide variety of project work (buildings & infrastructure)
- Competent in design coordination, working on 2 or 3 projects simultaneously
- Capable in documentation & modelling using BIM modelling software Revit / AutoCAD
- Qualified with a diploma or relevant technical training
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 1 – 4 years’ structural drafting experience with REVIT modelling
- AutoCAD & Navisworks experience (optional)
- An understanding of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative team, then this is the role for you.
We offer you a great working environment, challenging projects, exposure to global projects, rewards for achievement, paid parental leave, and a range of benefits, including paid birthday leave every year.
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.