Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions. We integrate design excellence with construction and delivery expertise in close partnership with our clients.
RBG has been operating successfully for over 40 years. Our team provides engineering design services on some of Australia’s most significant projects including Sydney Football Stadium, the Crown Sydney, One Circular Quay and Sydney Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Reporting to our Technician Manager, we have an opportunity for a Junior Technician to join our Technical Services team in North Sydney.
You’ll receive training and development to support our Construction Engineering (CE) team who work closely with major contractors to develop construction methodologies and the design of temporary works and staged analysis.
Using your existing REVIT modelling capabilities, this is a chance to develop your technical skills and be mentored by experienced Technicians while working on landmark projects.
Why work with us?
Robert Bird Group recognises that our early career professionals are the future of our organisation and are committed to nurturing great potential into prosperous and successful careers. We are committed to you and your career development, providing a positive learning environment that will challenge and reward you.
We offer you a social working environment, ongoing training, development, and mentoring, access to iconic projects, recognition and rewards for achievement, and a range of financial and well-being benefits, including novated car leasing options, discounted health insurance, an employee assistance program and paid birthday leave every year.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Commited to quality and able to work on 2 or 3 projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and commited to continuous learning
- Exposed to a variety of project work (building structures &/or infrastructure desirable)
- Exposed to documentation & modelling using BIM modelling software Revit
- Qualified with a diploma or relevant technical training
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- 1+ years’ structural drafting experience with REVIT modelling
- A relevant qualification such as a Certificate IV in Engineering Drafting or Diploma in Building or Civil Construction Design
- AutoCAD & Navisworks experience (desirable)
- An understanding of BIM and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with all stakeholders on large scale projects
- Australian work rights
If you have lots of initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative, social, and high-performing team, then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.