Employment Type Full-time
Robert Bird Group is a leading international structural, geotechnical, civil and construction engineering consultancy. We are specialists in the built environment and complex infrastructure. We maintain a one firm ethos and family culture which has allowed the business to operate across all internal and external barriers, always focused to achieve best for project, and best for our people, outcomes.
Due to continuing growth within the organisation, we are seeking to expand our Learning & Development (L&D) offering by employing dedicated resources in this area. Working with a high performing, service-oriented, collaborative team.
The Learning and Development Advisor is responsible for partnering with the business and supporting Learning and Development (L&D) practices and solutions in line with business strategy.
This role will work in collaboration with the broader People & Culture team, along with the Leadership team to build, facilitate and implement practical L&D solutions to the organisation.
The L&D Consultant is responsible for coordination, administration, sourcing, and delivery of L&D activities, along with ensuring the development and maintenance of L&D systems and processes. This role will be the primary point of contact for all L&D related queries.
The L&D Advisor will role model RBG’s values, mission, and vision and ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with these guiding principles.
- Ensure understanding of, and compliance with, all policies, procedures, and work practices.
- Ensure work is carried out professionally, effectively, and efficiently and within company standards, policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with executive and team leaders to establish the engineering and technical training and development needs
- Work closely with division leaders, discipline leaders, general managers, managing directors and operational directors to establish training and development needs and priorities for each region and team.
- Support the development and implementation of capability and learning strategy, framework, and plans, aligned to People and Culture and overall business strategy.
- Ensure all decisions made are not obscured by bias and are in accordance with the Company’s Delegation of Authority.
- Evaluation of courses and ongoing review of existing training sessions and programs with regards to design and delivery improvements.
- Comply with all Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong proven L&D experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Experience designing, delivering, and facilitating L&D programs across a range of learners, using a variety of methods (primarily non-technical).
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills, including highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to independently achieve work objectives, meet tight time frames and prioritise work to meet business requirements.
- Demonstrates an ability to influence, collaborate, build, and maintain effective working relationships with managers and colleagues.
- Advanced facilitation skills in the context of organisational learning programs.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite.
- High accuracy of work and outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with demonstrated commercial acumen.
CIPD or equivalent accreditation
Why Work With Us
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted online. To apply, click on the “Apply Now” link below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about RBG, please visit our careers page at https://www.robertbird.com/careers/
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.