Employment Type Full-time
- Highly attractive career growth opportunity
- Global engineering consulting firm
- Flexible working arrangements
Robert Bird Group (RBG) is a leading international structural, civil and construction engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions to our clients.
AWe are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and confident junior lawyer, who is passionate about commercial and contract law to join our dynamic legal team in our Brisbane office. This is an exciting time for Robert Bird Group, as we continue to grow and complete our most exciting projects yet. This role presents an excellent growth opportunity for a junior lawyer looking to transition from private practice or further their in-house legal career, partnering with our engineering teams to deliver award winning projects within a thriving international engineering consultancy.
The role will include:
- Management and administration of the legal management systems
- Drafting and negotiating professional service agreements, non-disclosure and exclusivity agreements, joint venture agreements and other transaction documents between RBG and various local, national and international government, construction and developer clients
- Partnering with project teams to assist with drafting and negotiating agreements with sub-consultants, and related entities and preparing service orders
- Reviewing requests for tender and preparing necessary material for inclusion in responses to tender
- Assisting in standard contract development, policy development, corporate governance and staff training programs
- Assisting with preparation of Board, committee and management reports and participation in management meetings at national and international levels
- Reporting regularly with the General Counsel and Legal Counsel
- Partnering with finance and project teams to further assist debt recovery processes from a legal and contractual perspective
- Maintaining precedent and template documents (for example, confidentiality and exclusivity agreements, standard terms of supply) for use across the business
- Conducting research (legal and otherwise) and reporting findings in a form digestible both by legal counsel counterparts and/or project teams
- Attend relevant training and seminars offered by external providers
- Maintenance of the RBG lease portfolio
- Liaison with insurers regarding policy and other insurance documents as required
The role will include:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Up to 2 years’ post admission experience, ideally from a private practice or inhouse legal environment
- Experience with commercial and contract law (experience with consultancy agreements in the infrastructure space, will be highly regarded)
- The ability to work on multiple and complex matters, prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing professional online and telephone calls, meetings, and forums with a client service focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- High attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in the construction industry advantageous but not essential
- A passion for commercial and contract law and an authentic relationship builder, who enjoys collaborating in a team environment
If you are seeking a career that offers variety, a challenge, and a collaborative continuous learning working environment, we want to hear from you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.