Employment Type Full-time
A member of the Surbana Jurong Group, Robert Bird Group (RBG) is an international structural, civil, and specialist engineering consultancy business built upon delivering structural and civil engineering excellence worldwide. We transform inspiring visions into successful realities, offering innovative, collaborative, flexible, and proactive solutions.
About the role
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager in Brisbane, this opportunity will see you support and partner with our leaders and their teams across a range of operational and strategic P&C initiatives.
This role has a generalist focus, providing end-to-end support and promoting high levels of employee collaboration, engagement, performance, and business results
You will have the ability to build trust and rapport with senior leaders, colleagues, clients, and peers. You will relish the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, and you will be seen as a trusted advisor,
Other key aspects of your role include:
- Championing, developing, and supporting P&C initiatives ad projects.
- Providing professional, reliable, high-quality, service-driven support to enhance RBG’s operational performance and efficiencies.
- Providing IR / ER strategic advice, support, coaching, and mentoring.
- Supporting the development and implementation of P&C policies and procedures ensuring consistency with workplace legislation and industry trends.
- Interpretation of Modern Awards, National Employment Standards, and the Fair Work Act.
- General P&C duties including drafting/reviewing employment contracts, letters, and reports, updating position descriptions, and maintaining employee files.
- As this role is Melbourne-based, interstate travel may be required.
With an eye for detail, the successful candidate will have previous experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to make decisions quickly and remain calm under pressure.
You will have previous experience in a professional services environment, and knowledge across a broad range of P&C functions including onboarding, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, and remuneration and benefits.
In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an HR generalist role in a complex and changing organisational environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability in multi-tasking and achievement of results by using a consultative style.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Continuous improvement and strong customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to apply employment and industrial framework knowledge to the development and interpretation of HR procedures and processes and provision of advice.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflict.
- Demonstrated experience using an HRIS system, reporting, and analysing data.
If you are highly motivated, a positive contributor, and enjoy being part of a collaborative, hardworking, and fun team then this is the role for you!
Why work for us?
Robert Bird Group is a growing, fast-paced business which offers birthday leave, corporate health insurance rates, paid parental leave, recognition awards, an active and engaging social club, along with a supportive team environment where healthy lifestyle balance is encouraged.
If you have initiative, a positive attitude, and enjoy working in a collaborative and social team, then this is the role for you!
Robert Bird Group is an equal employment opportunity employer.
This role does not require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to RBG’s employees/managers. We do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.